Revelation - Part 32
The Final Verdict l Revelation 20:11-15 l Pt. 32
This book is written in the hope that this generation may turn from that greatest of wickedness, the placing of any created thing in the place of the Creator, and that this generation may get its feet out of the paths of death and may live.
Francis Schaeffer, How Should We Then Live?
Of all the doctrines taught in the Bible, none is declared with more consistency and fervor than the doctrine of divine judgment…The wonder of the doctrine of divine judgment is the fact that the Christ of Calvary’s Cross will be the Judge of the Great White Throne.
Dr. Walter Martin
FILL IN THE BLANK
One Day All __________ Will _______ Before _______
Questions for the Heart and Spirit
- In light of Lances sermon last week, are you ready for Gods final judgment?
- What will be your answer when God asks you why He should allow you into His heaven? Will he even ask that question? Why or why not?
- What do you currently believe? Will the believer be judged, and on what basis?
- What has this revelation study revealed to you about the consequences of disbelieving Gods Word?
Questions for the Mind
READ: Gen 41:38-40; 1Kngs -37; Ps 45:6, Is 6:1; Matt ; ; Rom 13:1
- What does the throne represent in each of these references? Does it matter who sits on the throne? Who gives the power and authority to the one on the throne? Who sits on the throne in ?
READ: Ex ; Ps 19:9; Ec ; Matt ; Jn -30; 2Cor ; Heb
- There are many references to judgment in scripture. Which of these cited above refer to the White throne judgment, if any? Who is bringing the judgment and why? Do any of these cover your situation?
READ: Ps 69:16-28; Rev 3:5; 13:4-8; 17:8; -15; -27
- How do you get your name written into the book of life? Who records it? What is its purpose? Does God lack memory? When will it be opened, and whose names will not be in it? What do the other books mentioned in contain? What is the purpose of that information?
READ: Matt -28; ; 20:4-6; -15; 21:8
- Look up “second death” in a Bible dictionary. Why a second death? Isn`t it appointed unto man once to die? What is the purpose? Who experiences it? Who administers it? Who decides who gets it? Are you headed there? Is it instant or does it last forever?
- Research “heaven” in a Bible dictionary or other source. Compare that description to the description of “second death”. You have a choice, which have you chosen?
- Pray for those you are aware have not chosen heaven, that they would receive Christ and be saved from the second death.