2 Peter Series - Part 2
“A preacher must be both soldier and shepherd. He must nourish, defend, and teach; he must have teeth in his mouth, and be able to bite and fight.”
“Happy is he who defends what he loves.”
FILL IN THE BLANK
The _______ is the _______ Way God Conveys _______ to the _______
Questions for the Heart
- Do you believe that the Bible is inerrant? Is it possible to be spiritually mature and question the inerrancy of Scripture? How can one be sure that the entire Bible is true?
- Have you had specific experiences in your life that would cause you to believe that Scripture is true? Share them with your group.
- How can you identify a false prophet? Have you ever heard a false prophet? How did you know? What action did you take and why?
Questions for the
- READ: Jn ; Ps 119:142,151,160; Prov ; Jn ; ;
1:5-6; 1 Tim 2:4 - In John - Pilate uttered the memorable line “What is truth? Look up truth in the Webster Dictionary. How does the definition of truth differ from that given in the above scripture? How would you now answer Pilate`s question? Col
- READ: Matt 7:15-20; 24:3-11; 24:23-27; 2 Pet 2:1-3; Jn 4:1-3 - Why is it important to be able to identify a false prophet? What is the difference between a false prophet and a false teacher? Do you think there are false prophets in the world today? If so, what criteria have you used to identify them?
- READ: Matt 26:55-56a; Lk 4:14-21; 24:13-32; Jn 5:39; Rom 15:4-6; 16:25-26; 1 Cor 15:1-9 - Look up the word “scripture in the dictionary. What is the purpose of the Scripture? What is the benefit of reading Scripture? Is the benefit the same for all people? Who profits most? Is Scripture profitable to you? Why?
- Evaluate how well you are applying the lessons from 2 Peter 1-11. Are you a partaker of His divine nature? Are you appreciative of His choosing you? Praise God and give thanks for your position in Christ, and for His Scripture.