Malachi Part 2
An Unfaithful Community
God Calls Israel on Adulterous Hearts
“Watch where Jesus went. The one dominant note in his life was to do his Father’s will. His is not the way of wisdom or of success, but the way of faithfulness.” Oswald Chambers
“HOME. If things go right there, they go right everywhere.” Thomas Talmage
______________ in One Area Creates ________ in Another
Leadership is a Core Problem
• The Lord Blasts the Priests (2:1-3)
One Man Leaves a Legacy
• The Covenant with Levi (2:4-6)
Faulty Leadership on Trial
• The Priests are Blamed for Showing Partiality (2:7-9)
• A Call to Remain Faithful to What God Has Called You To (2:10-12)
• God Rejects the Prayers of Men (2:13-14)
God Hates Divorce
• A Calling to Remain Faithful (2:15-16)
Helpful Info on 2nd Corinthians
• Areas of Unfaithfulness of Israel in Malachi’s Day
1. Offered Blemished & Unacceptable sacrifices on purpose
2. Priests led people astray in worship & failed to teach the Law
3. Intermarried pagan women of pagan nations.
4. Divorced their Israelite wives to gain pagan wives.
5. Ceased tithes and offerings to the temple.
6. Dishonored God by saying He didn’t respond to injustice.
7. Declared that serving God was useless.
8. Defiled the Sabbath by treating it lightly & not observing it.
9. Allowed non-Israelites in the Temple.
10. Failed to support the priesthood.