Revelation - Part 13
“True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“We were made as creatures on earth, but we were made for heaven, and nothing less. We were made in time like Adam and Eve, yet not to remain in an earthly paradise, but to be taken up into the eternal life of God Himself.” Scott Hahn, The Lamb’s Supper
The Seeming Chaos of the End is the Means to Peace We Shall Receive
Questions for the Heart and Spirit
- Have you been or are you now in a time where you are distressed or hurting? Has someone come along side you to comfort you? What have they done that was a comfort to you during your time of distress?
- Have you ever been the one to provide comfort to someone else? What did you do? Why? What was the person’s response?
- Does worshipping God provide comfort for you, or is it all about bringing glory to God? How might it also comfort you?
- When calamity comes into your life where or to whom do you go for comfort and why?
Questions for the Mind
- 1. READ: Lev 23:37-43; Neh 8:14-18; Jn 12:12-13; Rev 7:9-12
What is the significance of the palm branches in each of these references? What were the people doing? How does this relate to what is happening in Revelation 7?
- 2. READ: Jn 3:31-34; Jn 6:26-27; Eph 1:9-13; Eph 4:29-30
What is the purpose of the seal in these references? Who does the sealing? Why is it important to the Believer in Christ? How do these seals differ from those of Rev 7:3-8?
- 3. READ: Matt 17:2; 28:3; Lk 9:29; Jn 20:12; Acts 1:10, Rev 3:5, 3:18, 4:4, 6:11, 7:9-14, 19:14
Who qualifies to wear the white garments? Where do they reside at the time of their wearing? Who qualifies them?
- 4. READ: Ps 18:16-19, 34:4-7, 116:5-8; Col1:13-23; 1 Thess1:9-10
What is happening in these scriptures? How does it compare to what God is doing in Rev 7:1-8? Will He do the same for you?
- Comfort someone this week.
- Write a page on why Jesus is called the Lamb of God and share it.