Revelation - Part 22
“A truth that’s told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.” William Blake
“The mole has very small eyes and it always lives under ground; and it lives as long as it is in the dark but when it comes into the light it dies immediately, because it becomes known; --and so it is with lies.” Leonardo DaVinci
“The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth.” H. L. Mencken
FILL IN THE BLANK
_________ is one of the world’s most powerful ____________
Questions for the Heart and Spirit
1. How is your patient endurance and faithfulness doing? Do they need some “bucking up” Or are you ready for the end times? (Ref 13:10) Are the warnings of Chapter 13 even addressed to believers in the world today? Why or why not?
2. What is your greatest challenge to living as a Christian in the world today and how does that compare to the challenges to believers described in Rev 13:11-18?
3. How much time do you give to praising and thanking God for the freedoms you have to live and worship as you choose in your world today? Are you taking advantage of the time that you have?
4. Are there any “beasts” in your world today who resemble those described in Chapter 13? Who would they be and why?
Questions for the Mind
1. READ: Rev 13:1-9; Rev 13:11-18 Examine carefully. What are the differences between the two beasts? Which one has control? Where do they get their power? Who do they have power over?
2. READ: Gen ; Ex 22-25; Ps 36:6; 1 Cor ; How do the beasts in these references differ from the beasts described in Revelation 13? Why do you think God would use the same term to describe different creatures? Is one literal and the other symbolic? Do the references use the same Greek (Hebrew) word?
3. READ: Rev 5:1-6; Rev 13:1-3,12 What is the difference between the one who was slain in Rev 5, and the one in Rev 13?
4. READ: Read Ephesians 1:3-10 Have you taken advantage of God’s rescue plan as described in the Ephesians reference? If not, what are you waiting for?
- Praise God for His provision, for allowing you access to be a part of His family and for saving you from wrath.
- Pray for those whom you know who have not accepted His salvation.