Revelation - Part 34
A Little Bit of Heaven l Revelation 21:9-27 l Pt. 34
“‘Ah, yes! said my brother, ‘that is just it. How little we know! If only we could realize while we are yet mortals, that day by day we are building for eternity, how different our lives in many ways would be! Every gentle word, every generous thought, every unselfish dead, will become a pillar of eternal beauty in the life to come. We cannot be selfish and unloving in one life and generous and loving in the next. The two lives are too closely blended - one but a continuation of the other.’”
Rebecca Ruter Springer, My Dream of Heaven: Intra Muros (Rebecca’s Brother Frank whom she allegedly talked with in heaven)
FILL IN THE BLANK
Heaven Will Be a __________ of the _________ with Astonishingly _____
Questions for the Heart
- Are you ready to live in a high rise? Are you ready to live where there is no night? Are you ready to have God as your roommate? This week’s scripture seems to indicate all of these things will come true. Think about the changes this would make in your lifestyle.
- If you are not ready, what do you have to do to qualify for entry into the New Jerusalem? What is your other option?
Questions for the
- READ: Neh 11:1; Dan 9:24-27; Rev 21:2, 10 - What is the Holy City? Where is it in these references? Why is it called new? Where is its eventual site? What is unique about it?
- READ: Ps 19:1; Ez 9:3; 10:19; 11:22; 43:2; Jn 11:40; Acts 7:55; Rom 3:23; Rev 25:8; 21:11, 23 - The Glory of God appears throughout scripture. What exactly is the Glory of God? What are some of its characteristics? Are you a part of the glory of God?
- READ: Gen 1:1-8a; Deut 5:8; Lam 3:41, 50; Dan 4:3; Matt 6:20; Rev 11:12; 21:2 - Rev 21:10 speaks of the New Jerusalem coming down from Heaven. Where is heaven, and how is it defined? If we are to live in the New Jerusalem, and it is now on earth, when do we go to heaven, and is it only a temporary stay?
- READ: Gen 49:28; Ex 1:1; 24:4; 28:21; 39:14; Lk 22:30; Rev 21:12-14 - Whose names are on the 12 gates of New Jerusalem? Whose names are on the 12 foundation stones? If we are going to live there shouldn’t we know these names? Where do you think the term “pearly gates” came from? Are they in heaven?
- Learn the names of the twelve tribes of Israel, and of the twelve apostles.
- Look up the definitions of “unclean” (see also Liv ch 11-22) and “abomination” (see also Deut 7:25-26; 27:15-26)